Belfast International Airport (BFS)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
(Belfast, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, UK)
Located around a 45-minute drive to the north-west of Belfast city centre and a few miles to the south of Antrim, Belfast International Airport (BFS) lies to the west of Lough Neagh, which dominates the area. Although it is a fair distance from Belfast, the excellent network of main roads and motorways allows for easy access to the airport from all directions.
On the northern side of the complex, the Airport Road is sandwiched between Ballyrobin Road and British Road, while Ballyquillan Road is located to the west. Both Manse Road (A52) and Nutts Corner Road can be found on the southern side of Belfast Airport, with Tully Road (A26) being located on the western outskirts.
Directions to Belfast International Airport (BFS) from the north:
Directions to Belfast International Airport (BFS) from the south:
- Take the M2 motorway south towards Belfast and exit onto the A57 at Junction 5
- Continue south-west towards the terminal along the A57
- From Ballymena, take the A26 south all the way to the airport
Directions to Belfast International Airport (BFS) from the east:
- From Belfast, take the M2 motorway north-west and exit onto the A57 at Junction 5
- Continue south-west on the A57 until you reach the terminal
Directions to Belfast International Airport (BFS) from the west:
- From the A2, merge with the M3 motorway and then join the M2 north
- Exit onto the A57 at Junction 5 of the M2
- Continue south-west on the A57 until you reach the airport
- From the west, merge onto the M22 motorway from the A6
- Take the Antrim North exit south onto the A26, where the M22 meets the M2
- Continue south on the A26 all the way to Belfast Airport
Like other cities in the UK, Belfast's roads become particularly busy around rush hour times in the morning and the early evening, with the M2 and M3 motorways, and other main roads, becoming congested. Travellers should allow for extra time to reach the airport if they are planning on using these roads.
Belfast International Airport (BFS): Virtual Google Maps